Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Charisma Wordle

I tested a new idea last week. I was sitting eating lunch in the middle of a one-day course for a group of 78 students and it suddenly occurred to me that I finally had the opportunity to test something that will only work really well with a large group of people. The perfect opportunity! I divide the students up into 13 groups and gave each group the instructions to define a charismatic speaker using five keywords.I opened the website Wordle.net and (painfully) typed in all the words they gave me. That's quite a lot of words. Then I just clicked the button, chose a layout and colours and hey presto! He is the result. The size of the words reflects their frequency and the website algorithm automatically arranges them. Apart from the odd spelling mistake which messes up the frequency of course, you can see which words were the commonest and you get an instant impression of the results. Great fun, great site!




Wordle: 100421 självständigt arbete




No comments:

Post a Comment