Monday, March 14, 2011

Designing slides - there's a lot of help out there

There are a few great books on the art of designing good slides. For example: " Presentation Zen: simple ideas on presentation design and delivery." by Garr Reynolds or "slide:ology: the art and science of creating great presentations." by Nancy Duarte. Nancy Duarte has also written the wonderful, beautiful book "resonate: present visual stories that transform audiences." which really does live up to its title. If you like graphic design in general then you'll love thumbing through this book. It's a wonderful source of inspiration on planning presentations in general and one of my absolutely favourite books.

But I would suggest that if you want to create really stunning slides then the best source of inspiration comes from books on graphic design. One of my favourites that's piled full of inspiration is "Design elements. A graphic style manual." by Timothy Samara. I have a couple more at home whose titles I've forgotten for the moment. Send me a mail if you're interested and I'll give you some more suggestions.

No comments:

Post a Comment